Get rid of the cervicalglia problem once and for all. Cervicalglia is defined as the pain that occurs when there is a flexion, tilt and extension . Neck stiffness?
The neck is a very delicate area due to the ligamentary, muscular and facetary systems that participate to move and keep the head firm.
The muscles run from the head and cervical spine to the clavicle, the thorax and other structures, forming a total of 20 pairs of muscles that allow movement. When cervicalglia occurs, the vessels that supply blood to the muscle are compressed and the sprain worsens.
In general, the most affected muscles are the trapezius and the levator scapulae. Usually the affected person has pain and difficulty to turn the neck to the side . Actually, this condition is very frequent. Sometimes there is also a headache, shoulders and even arms.
However, cervicalglia is not considered a disease, it is only a symptom that something is not right.
Symptoms of cervicalglia
It is not so difficult to determine that there is cervicalglia, since the pain is continuous in the area. In some situations it is prolonged and in others it occurs sporadically. These are the main symptoms:
- Intense stitches
- Tingling sensation.
- Presence of heat in the area.
- Muscle pain
- To move the neck, it requires moving the trunk.
In most cases cervicalglia does not cause serious problems. However, it is important to take care of the discomfort in time to avoid even more painful side effects.
Causes of cervicalglia
- An overload of work.
- The repetitive use of muscles.
- Forced positions where the neck is used for long periods.
- Exposure to stressful situations.
- Weakness in muscles
How to treat cervicalglia?
In general, the treatment is indicated to take oral anti-inflammatories and apply ice or compresses of cold water in the affected area for short periods . This in order to reduce swelling and pain. In more severe cases, rehabilitation through physiotherapy is necessary.
If none of the above works, the application of corticosteroid injections in the painful area is recommended. Only in chronic cases is surgery valid .
Meanwhile, if the discomfort is mild, you can follow the following warm-up exercises that will make you relax the muscles. Remember that it is only a suggestion and it is best to ask the doctor before doing them.
- Stop doing any physical activity for 3 days.
- Do massage soft to generate heat and accelerate blood flow.
- Keep a nutrient-rich diet to heal faster.
Try the following self-massage and stretching that you can do from home without fear of aggravating the injury. First of all you must keep your breath and your posture straight. It should be mentioned that it is possible to experience a slight pain but never intense, if so, suspend the exercise.
With a stick
Then, some exercises that serve as self-massage to counteract the symptoms of cervical contracture, but only momentarily.
From left to right
- The first thing you have to do is take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Stand up and put your back straight. Immediately take the stick and put it right behind the nape of the neck, hold it gently with the palms of your hands.
- Now slowly perform a swinging motion with the stick without doing much pressure.
- Then begin to move the rod around the neck, even on the lateral sides.
- You can also tilt your head forward and to the sides.
- Repeat the movement for 5 minutes.
Slide and rotate
- Keep the previous position, but now slide the rod down through the neck.
- As you slide, the rod rotates to relax the muscles.
- Then do the same with the side area.
- Repeat for 5 minutes.
How to Cervicalglia?
- Avoid postures where forces the extension of the neck.
- Change position constantly.
- Increase physical activity.
- Do not make sudden movements.
- Do not forget to do exercises to warm up before any activity.
- Every two hours stretch your back and neck.
- Sleep with the correct posture.
- Check that the mattress is in good condition and the pillow maintains a straight position in the neck.
- You can practice special activities such as yoga or pilates.
- Put into practice the relaxation exercises.
Fortunately in physiotherapy the problem is solved in 2 or 3 sessions.