Pain in the ears is one of the worst discomforts a person can experience and there are earache drops of natural origin that can help to curb the discomforts that characterize it.
Pain in the ears is described as a sensation of pressure inside the ear , which may be accompanied by beeps and hearing difficulties.
It usually occurs as a result of an infection, but it can also indicate a blockage of the ear canal due to excess wax or injuries.
Depending on its cause it can be mild or chronic; however, it almost always disappears in a matter of hours and days, even if no treatment is provided.
What are the causes of earache?
Earache is a symptom that appears for many reasons. Most cases have to do with an infection in the ear canal or in nearby areas.
This type of disease causes an obstruction in the Eustachian tube , whose function is to drain fluids that accumulate in the middle ear.
Not being able to eliminate them correctly, the infection worsens and there is a slight sensation of pressure on the affected area.
Although it usually does not cause major complications, sometimes it is necessary to resort to the doctor to be able to calm it down.
Its main causes include:
- Sinus infections
- Sudden changes in pressure
- Infections in the throat
- Arthritis of the jaw
- Dental infections such as gingivitis and periodontitis
- Hole in the eardrum
- Infections in the ears
- Excessive accumulation of cerumen
Although the earache is not a disease, it must be taken into account that it can be manifested along with other symptoms :
- Sore throat
- Moderate fever
- Ringing in the ears
- Difficulty in listening clearly
- Concentration problems
Natural remedies to relieve pain in the ear
If the earache is caused by a care infection , it is best to go to the doctor to determine what is the most appropriate treatment.
If it is a mild case, some natural remedies can help calm it down .
Warm compresses have been one of the traditional remedies against this medical condition. Its direct application reactivates the blood flow and exerts a calming effect on the irritated area.
How to use them?
- Dip a towel or compress in hot water and apply it to your ear for 5 minutes.
- Optionally, apply heat with a heating pad or a hair dryer.
Note : Make sure that the temperature is bearable for the skin, since, otherwise, you can suffer burns.
Garlic Earache Drops
Because of its concentration of antibacterial and antiviral active ingredients , raw garlic is one of the most effective solutions against ear pain related to infections.
How to use garlic earache drops?
- Crush a clove of raw garlic and filter it on a cloth to obtain its juice.
- Apply 1 or 2 drops of juice to the affected ear.
- Repeat its use 2 times a day if the pain is persistent.
Olive oil earache drops
The application of olive oil does not cure ear infections. However, thanks to its lubricating effect, it is ideal for softening the wax plugs that obstruct the ear canal .
How to use olive oil earache drops?
- Heat a little olive oil and apply 3 drops to the affected ear.
- Tilt the head for 3 minutes and drain the waste.
The onion has similar garlic compounds. It is antibacterial and fights some of the microorganisms that cause problems inside the ear.
How to use it?
- Chop a fresh onion and wrap it in a cloth.
- Put the envelope over your ear and let it act for 5 minutes.
- Repeat its use 2 times a day if you consider it necessary.
This spice with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties has compounds that clean the ear canal to accelerate the recovery from infections that produce pain.
How to use ginger earache drops ?
- Grate some ginger and squeeze it to extract its juice.
- Apply 3 drops to the affected ear and cover it with a cotton ball.
- Use it daily to relieve pain.
Keep in mind that the remedies mentioned can soothe the sensation of pain momentarily . If the symptom is the product of an infection, it is important to access other treatments to be able to control it completely.