1. Known as the greatest mirror in the world. The Salar de Uyini is located in Bolivia and is the largest salt desert in the world.
When it is the rainy season, the effect that nitrate produces on the ground is similar to that of a giant, natural mirror.
2. Another one of the places to visit before you die are the Iguazú waterfalls that are located on the border between Brazil and Argentina.
This waterfall takes place when the Iguazú River meets a different waterfall that can produce up to 300 different waterfalls.
3. The landscapes we saw in the movie “Avatar” are not science fiction: they are found in China and are the Tianzi Mountains .
They are unique mountains for their relief and formed in the water 380 million years ago; Due to the activity of the volcanoes, the earth rose causing, in the end, this landscape worthy of another planet to appear.
4. In the Mauritius Islands there is a natural phenomenon that is really impressive.
They are the underwater waterfalls , some marine currents that cause the sediments under the sea to go down creating, this way, this landscape that has a beauty without equal.
5. One of the natural events that we should not miss during our years of life is the aurora borealis that can be seen from the highlands of Iceland.
In the northern hemisphere, the landscape that can be seen joins huge glaciers, craters and geysers that, at nightfall, are dyed a color never seen in another part of the Earth.
6. During the Golden Age in Greece, that is, in the V BC when Pericles ruled, the city of Athens was erected as the place where Western civilization began to develop.
Democracy began at that time and cultural expressions such as theater or philosophy began to take their toll on Athenian citizens.
The Acropolis is the sacred rock that was the symbol of all this millenary culture that was the beginning of our times.
7. In Iceland they boast of having one of the most amazing caves in the world: Skaftafell .
It is a spectacular ice cave that forms along with the glaciers temporarily and that, when the water melts, a hole is formed.
The blue color that can be seen inside these formations is because the air that remains frozen in the ice can absorb all the light except the blue color.
8. In the Maldives we also find one of the most spectacular phenomena of nature.
We have to go to Vaadhoo Island to admire a beach that seems ordinary in the morning, but at nightfall it seems that the water becomes the starry sky.
The reason for this amazing optical effect is that phytoplankton live in the water, some marine microbes that are luminous. The result, as you see, is amazing.
9. In Arizona , United States, is where we find another of the most striking natural formations in the world.
This is the Antelope Canyon , a canyon that was formed millions of years ago and that, thanks to a crack through which the water slipped, currently has this unique shape and with so different tonalities.
10. The Caño Cristales is another of the places to visit before you die . It is located in Colombia and, at first glance, it looks like a red and yellow lake.
But, the truth is that this special color appears because inside the water lives a great variety of fauna and flora, as well as rocks that are more than 1.2 billion years old.
It is one of the most beautiful rivers in the world and annually brings together many visitors from different parts of the planet. And is not for less!
11. In Siberia we find Lake Baikal , the largest freshwater lake in the world.
But it is not for this reason that it is on our list, no: it is a lake that, in winter, freezes but the water that forms it is so clear and pure that you can get to see up to 40 meters below of the ice.
When spring begins to arrive, the sun causes cracks in the ice and, therefore, you begin to perceive this turquoise blue water that you can see in the image. Awesome.
12. Another lake that is worth visiting is this one that is in Australia .
It is about Hillier Lake and is also known as the “Pink Lake”.
The reason that the water has this color is because the algae and bacteria that coexist in the depths offer this striking colorant.
13. El Salto del Angel is the highest waterfall in the world and is located in the Canaima National Park in Venezuela .
In fact, it is a jump that almost reaches the kilometer of height and that falls, directly, on the Venezuelan jungle. It is one of the most impressive spectacles of nature to see.
14. The oldest city in Egypt is Luxor and, also, it is one of the places to visit before you die
If you like history and you love knowing where humans come from and the organization of society, you can not miss this city that was, like Athens, an important cradle of the development of humanity.
15. And, of course, in a list of places to visit before you die you can not miss you could not miss the most spectacular city in Peru: Machu Picchu .
It is a city where the Incas lived and which is 130 kilometers from Cuzco, which was the capital of this indigenous society.
It is elevated in an environment of impressive nature in the middle of the Andes of Peru. It is one of the most important archaeological treasures in the world.
If you want to read more articles similar to 15 places to visit before you die, we recommend you to enter our Travel category .